ICT

Thursday, September 9, 2010

Electricity Lesson

I gave every pupil a wire, a battery and a bulb. I told them to predict ways that can light up the bulb.

I was rather surprised that most of the pupils do not have the  knowledge of lighting up the bulb.

Most of them have the misconception as shown below.

After that, they followed their prediction and set up the circuit. They were shocked that the bulb did not light up. It was such a joy to see their puzzled expression. I was surprised that they have such prior knowledge.

I did not realise the P of POE ( Predict-Observe-Explain) is actually activating their prior knowledge. It is also a form of assessment.

After the assessment, I use the information to plan my subsequent lesson. I am proud to say that my pupils are able to light up up to 3 bulbs uisng a battery and a wire .  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment