ICT

Saturday, June 30, 2012

Plant Transport System

I cut the celery stem into half to the middle of the stem and left it each overnight in 2 beakers of blue-coloured and red-coloured water. The food colouring must be really dark to get the tubes stained.

The next day, I showed the pupils the cross section of the stem. I wanted them to see the water-carrying tubes are stained with red and blue.

My pupils are good at their hands . They pulled out the tubes for me.

Food carrying and water carrying tubes


Blue stained tubes

Red stained tubes


These pictures can be good resources for questioning.

I took a beautiful picture of  celery at one of the Science workshop I facilitated. So I thought I should add in here instead of starting another post.

Look at the beautiful xylem tubes!

No comments:

Post a Comment