ICT

Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Videos Resources For Adaptation

This is a topic that you you have to use videos. There are so many wonderful videos to show pupils how organisms use adaptations to survive in their habitats. The lessons are much more engaging when videos are used!

I recently bump into a blog http://thesciencedimension.blogspot.sg/. It is created by a teacher in Singapore. The videos are categorised neatly into themes and topics. It is a great blog for movie resources. I used a number of the videos for adaptation. Pupils love them especially the adaptation for catching preys( just for laughs).

When planning for my lessons, I  found some resources from the youtube.




How octopus camouflages



Amazing Video of nature's best camouflages

In the activity book, there is an exercise on sloths. I guess many pupils , like me, have not seen a sloth before. So I googled and found this and I personally think that sloth is an ugly animal.



Lastly, this is a video on animals living in groups. It is great for pupils to see how groups can scare off the fierce predators.


I like to use http://keepvid.com/ to download these video and edit according to my needs for the classes. It is so much better and I don' t need to wait for the streaming of videos while playing. 


No comments:

Post a Comment