ICT

Friday, March 22, 2013

Songs & Raps for Science

Before term closed, I used a rap for P6 lesson and a song for P5.

I was very pleased to see that the P6 class loved this camel adaptation song very much. After the lesson, they also rapped the song and asked me for the links. A number of playful pupils who were not interested in Science actually stayed awake throughout the lesson.  I could see that these pupils are using , musical intelligence, one of the 7 Multiple Intelligences  proposed by Howard Gardner, to learn. Musical intelligence involves skill in the performance, composition, and appreciation of musical patterns. It encompasses the capacity to recognize and compose musical pitches, tones, and rhythms.

My younger daughter also liked the rap and did ask me to replay the rap.


I also used a pollination song found in the web for the P5. I created the lyrics using powerpoint and used window live movie maker to arrange the 4 verses with the powerpoint as background.



Adapted from http://www.mbgnet.net/bioplants/pollination.html

No comments:

Post a Comment