ICT

Sunday, April 28, 2013

Photosynthesis

I especially like to infuse Science related songs in my Science lessons. The pupils really adore it. Whenever I stepped into my Science classes, they would always hum the adaptation song " Camel " which I introduced a month ago.

I recently discover musical Intelligence is an under utilized intellectual ability that can be used to enhance learning in our pupils. Pupils with musical intelligence are far more sensitive to pitch, melody, rhythm and tone. When learning involves the use of music, they are able to grasp concepts more easily and remember them well.

I used a photosynthesis song to teach, not to start a lesson. And both of my classes sang loudly after it. I showed the 2 videos as some of my pupils who are weak in listening preferred to see the lyrics. I have to cater to all learners.




I would ask questions regarding the song to check their understanding.

I believe playing appropriate music is one way to set the tone of environment in the class.
Some music picks up pace whereas some others infuse calm or create a welcoming environment. Teachers can also introduce the subject or lesson for the day by using a song that is related to the lesson.


No comments:

Post a Comment