ICT

Tuesday, March 13, 2012

My Toy Story

I have been collecting toys for quite a number of years. It started many years back when Sony & Science centre first organized Creative toy competition. I was incharged of Science Club then and got pupils to create to participate in the competition. Since then,  I was very intrigued by the animated toys working on  different Science concepts. It is really a great joy watching at how the toys move when you are free, stressed....

I just bought this toy  and is really expensive. I felt the pinch until my sister enlightened me. She explained that I am paying for the creativity and their skills .And I totally convinced with whatshe said.

The Magnificent One!


Here is the video.






Science concept: Potential energy of the wooden block changed to kinetic energy of the horse.

Here is another wooden toy - pendulum toy



Science concept: Centre of gravity & equilibrium


Here a jumping frog.




Science concept: elastic potential energy of frog changed to kinetic energy and sound energy

I have hours of fun watching them in action.

By the way, whenever I have to do relief teaching, I will bring a bag  of toys to show the pupils. After that, put the toys in stations for pupils to play. It is really a hit! And the time passes very fast!!!

Enjoy viewing! 

No comments:

Post a Comment